The director of the NATO SP COE delivered a presentation to the Carabinieri officers school
The Director of the NATO SP COE, Col. Giuseppe De Magistris (ITA Carabinieri), delivered a VTC lecture to 52 Senior Carabinieri Officers (Majors and Lt Colonels) attending the 33rd Senior Officer Staff course at the Carabinieri Officers School.
The speech focused on the following:
- brief introduction on NATO Centres of Excellence;
- what is Stability Policing (SP);
- the SP doctrinal framework;
- practical examples of SP assets (current and past);
- the NATO SP COE and its interaction with the main stakeholders in the area of international operations (ranging from the United Nations to NATO [both Allied Command Transformation and Allied Command Operations], from European Union to Africa Union, from INTERPOL to Resolute Support Mission and to Special Inspector General for Afghanistan, to be mentioned but a few).
The event was presided by the Director of the Military Professional and Legal Studies Institute, Brigadier General Marco Lorenzoni.