The NATO Stability Policing – Centre of Excellence takes the privacy of your information very seriously, and has decided to elevate the level of protection of your personal data also by taking into account the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679.
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable person (‘data subject’). Providing your name, address and contact details, to the NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence via this website or other means (i.e. email, phone, fax), is enough to identify you.
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence, We or Us
The NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence (NATO SP COE) is a multinational military body that offers to the Alliance an hub of expertise in the specific area of Stability Policing in order to fill a capability gap.
NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence trains and educates leaders and specialists from NATO member and partner countries. It assists the Alliance in doctrine development, identify lessons learned and improve interoperability and capabilities, avoiding the duplication of assets, resources and capabilities already present within the Alliance.
User or You
Anyone who provides his/her personal data for the purpose to browse the NATO SP COE Website restricted areas, or to register for the participation to Courses and Events;
The website that you are currently using, www.nspcoe.org, and any sub-domains of this.
Specific Event, Workshop, Conference, Seminar or Course the NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence organizes according to its institutional and official purposes.
How we collect personal data
NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- provided by you when:
- you register to the Website
- you request the subscription for a course or event through the platform used in this Website;
- you contact us by telephone
- e-mail or by any other means;
- collected automatically when:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date and time with which you have registered to the Website or enrolled to a specific Event or Course;
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser in order to improve your navigation experience. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see our Cookies Policy
Why we collect personal data
Personal Data are collected exclusively for the purpose of attending and gaining access to the Events\Courses as well as having granted access to restricted libraries hosted in the Website, in accordance with the specific needs.
What kind of personal data we collect
The Personal Data requested to the users participating in the NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence activities is always tailored to the event specific needs. In any case, the Data requested represents the minimum sets of information necessary for the purpose of the Event; no unnecessary information will be requested.
Who we share the collected personal data with
The NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence will not share or disclose any personal information. In case of Events organized in conjunction with other organizations, individual’s personal data will be accessed and managed, solely for the purpose of the Event, by managers clearly stated in the Event’s Organizing Committee section.
How we use your personal data
Personal Data will be used and processed exclusively by the NATO Stability Policing Centre of Excellence personnel solely for official purposes.
How we protect your personal data
We take specific steps (as required by applicable data protection laws) to ensure appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, are always in place
If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via e-mail: [email protected]
How long we retain your personal data
Data may be kept and included in the NATO Stability Policing Community of Interest only when you explicitly opt-in providing consent answering the question: “Keep me informed about future events organized by the NATO SP COE!”, included in the registration process;
What rights do you (the user) have?
- Right to access– the right to access any time the information we hold.
- Right to rectification: the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete and to receive proof of that;
- Right to erasure “right to be forgotten”: the right to have your personal data deleted from our systems upon a specific request;
- Right to restriction of processing: the right to prevent us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it in certain cases;
- Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data to another controller.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights previously set out, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (since your consent is our legal basis for processing your personal data), please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected].
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data change during the period we hold it.
Links to other Websites