The Education, Training & Exercise Branch (ET&EB) mission is to deliver the knowledge of Stability Policing (SP) covering the educational gaps identified by NATO within the Global Programming structure as well as to incorporate the SP inputs into scenarios and to provide expertise within the whole process of NATO exercises.
The NATO SP COE having NATO Quality Assurance (QA) accreditation offers specialized, NATO approved trainings and educational events, provides support to students and NATO workshops or another initiatives. Moreover, the ET&EB creates products being useful within the educational process in order to enhance the understanding of SP and to enable involvement of military and civil authorities in appropriate using of SP assets within different missions and scenarios, while simultaneously contributing to the lessons learned process.
Being relevant to the NATO Global Programming structure, the SP area is allocated within the Land Operation Discipline delivering solutions for their needs. The Requirement Authority (requestor) of the NATO SP COE courses is the Allied Land Command (LANDCOM) located in Izmir (Turkey), moreover the Department Head being responsible for coordination of the issues, is the US Army Europe (USAEUR) in Wiessbaden (Germany).
Currently, ET&EB offers six different type of residential courses:
- “Introduction to Stability Policing for Leaders”-LOP-LO-21951 (APPROVED)
- “Introduction to Stability Policing for Field Commanders”- LOP-LO-21958 (APPROVED)
- “Crowd and Riot Control in NATO Operations”- LOP-LO-22017 (APPROVED)
- “Preserving a Crime Scene in NATO Operations”- LOP-LO-22030 (APPROVED)
- “Train the Stability Policing Trainers”- LOP-LO-22187 (In the certification process)
- “Stability Policing for Planners”- LOP-LO-32364 (In the certification process)
Moreover, there are two ADL solutions available on NATO Joint Advanced Distributed Learning platform and on our website:
- ADL-353 – “Introduction to Stability Policing course”- LOP-LO-25438
- ADL-354 – “Preserving a Crime Scene in NATO Operations”- LOP-LO-15441
The NATO SP COE offers a high quality training facilities and full equipment needed for delivering all type of courses. If required, ET&EB is able to deliver the courses out of its his premises by Mobile Education and Training Team (METT).
Moreover, ET&EB is responsible for delivering expertise as well as incorporating the Stability Policing matters within the process of preparation, execution and evaluation of NATO exercises. Up to now, the NATO SP COE has offered the input within following exercises:
- Trident Jaguar 16;
- Trident Juncture 16;
- Trident Jaguar 17;
- Trident Javelin 17;
- VIKING 18
- Trident Jaguar 18;
- Trident Juncture 18;
The ambition of ET&EB team is to be fully recognized with the Stability Policing matters within the NATO Training & Education domain delivering courses on the highest quality and having SP relevant inputs within the NATO exercises.